Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Packing for Africa

Packing for 3 months requires a good deal of stuff! Its not really the clothing but all of the shampoo and toiletries, vitamins, and pills that one needs, that are not available abroad. And they need to be in 3 month quantities. I've packed Aveeno, shampoo and conditioner, and everything else that I can think of that will not be available there.

Clothing on the other hand was not to bad. I have 6 pairs of pants, 2 shorts, 2 pajamas, 10 Tee-Shirts, 6 tank-tops, 3 camisoles, 3 long sleeve shirts, and 1 dress.

My methods for packing is to roll everything:

Step 1: fold the item in half and smooth out any creases

Step 2: fold the sleeves under

Step 3: roll! making sure to stretch and the item as it is rolled up

Step 4: either rubber band or tuck into a pack

It works great and you can fit 3x the stuff into one bag. Its takes more time, but it works well to fit more, more neatly!
And I absolutely love my backpack!!! It has been everywhere and it is ready for Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment