Thursday, December 2, 2010

Getting Home

So I have to give a minor rant about United Airlines and how often they cause an innumerable amount of problems.

They decided to cancel my flight on Saturday evening, but kindly forgot to inform me via phone or email. Once probing further the explanation was that the robot called me, but the robot has no log of its calls-BS. Its a computer, it has to keep records.

Good news though. At the airport in the window of the United kiosk is a sheet of paper upon which is written:

"Dear United Customers,
United will not be operating on Wednesdays and Saturdays in the month of November. Thank you for your cooperation."

Not a way to inform people!!!!!! I would also like to point out that they also changed my flight without telling us when we were coming back from Japan and we missed the connection that time because of them!

So they switched me to the Sunday night flight, which is fine although I had to spend the night in Accra and would like to be reimbursed for that! And then there was no connection at all the Philadelphia- so i was stuck in Washington Dulles. Thankfully my friend Stephen came and rescued me, but still. What a sucky airline. They could have at least tried to get me the rest of the way home. I promise to never use United Airlines again! (And this rant is hopefully a little bit of bad publicity for them as well...)

_________________________________________________________________________

On a different note, Sunday was a lot of fun.

The Agape guesthouse was a very nice place to stay and the church service in the morning was very... enthusiastic. There is a lot of singining and yelling out and dancing around so hey.
To find the place you turn right at the pink sign for Royal Jade Chinese...


Real Mattress!

After church we went with Barbara, a teacher and NGO director, to TET glass beads. We got to watch how the beads are made and we bought some too!
Wisdom- little helper, Danielle, Michal- craftsman, Me







Abraham Tetteh- the owner


After the bead place we went to lunch and got pizza and chips (aka frech fries). This is the first time i have had cheese and mushrooms since arriving in Ghana, and its on my way home. Funny right?
Barbara, our tour guide for the afternoon, great lady!

Awesome Pizza! Last meal in Ghana...

Leaving that evening was awful but at least my last day was exciting and spent with friends! Thanks Danielle! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment